Hi, I'm Zhana Balaam, MSW, LCSWA
Looking for the right therapist can be time consuming even exhausting, especially looking on multiple websites or even doing a Google search to find a therapist that will fit your needs. With that being said, I’m sure you’re asking:
“What makes your company different from the others?”
“What makes you different?”
I am a Black female private practice owner that specializes in the Christian and nonreligious individual and couples counseling as well as individual and couples sex therapy (sexual dysfunctions, partners who don’t have the same sex drive, anxiety regarding sexual performance, and pain during sex) which makes me different from other therapist who are simply generalist in the therapy field or a professional who is able to provide therapy.
It's completely normal to be apprehensive during therapy. Let’s be honest, you’re trusting a stranger with vulnerable information about your relationship and personal life. I get it. During therapy, I am authentically myself. Humorous, professional, relatable, and saved. I encourage you to be yourself as well. Communication and transparency are key factors to healing. This is a safe space to be yourself and heal.
Here are some reasons why it’s NOT good NOT to work with me:
· Your relationship has a higher chance of declining due to the lack of skill with your concerns
· You’ll pay skyrocketing prices for “alright” of service
· You aren’t able to be 100% yourself due to the lack of therapeutic compatibility
· You'll feel “bible thumped” or judged for things in your relationship that aren’t like God at other agencies
While your considering therapy at Harkening, here are some questions to ask yourself:
· What is your interest in seeking therapy?
· Can your relationship afford to wait?
· What’s your biggest fear of Harkening not working for you?
I am proficient and excellent in what I do. You can find someone to do it, but you will not receive the valuable service that I guarantee to clients.